Natural Cures For High Blood Pressure
High Blood Pressure currently afflicts millions of people in the world today. In fact, one in every three adults in Britain suffers from this condition as well.
However, since it is quite common, it is probably not considered as dangerous by many. Perhaps a little description of the way you heart works will help illustrate the gravity of this condition. Your heart pumps the blood into your arteries so that it can keep flowing throughout the body. This blood flows under pressure through your arteries, and it is this pressure that keeps your blood circulation active.
However, if this pressure increases too much, the oxygen demand in your body increases and leads to angina with the possibility of an enlarged heart and damage to the blood vessels in the kidney and brain.
In order to understand how to cure this condition, one must understand the various possible sources, so that they can take effective measures to counteract it. The factors that could lead to the condition are known and include stress, insulin resistance, caffeine, regular alcohol consumption, low intake of calcium, magnesium and potassium, consumption of huge amounts of sodium, overweight or obesity as well as excessive medication. If you find yourself nodding to any of these conditions, you should start working on ways to get these factors back to healthy levels.
Other than working on the causes of high blood pressure, there are some great natural remedies than can help you bring the pressure down to the right amount.
- Garlic: Researchers have concluded that high blood pressure patients who have a mild variation of the condition may find garlic powder supplement to be of great use. It should however be used under the supervision of a qualified medical practitioner to ensure you do not induce any other complications with unwarranted use of the supplement
- Fish Oil: Preliminary studies indicate that one of the components of fish oil, DHA (docohexaenoic acid) helps lower high blood pressure
- Hawthorne: This has been very popular with traditional herbal practitioners as a remedy for high blood pressure
- Autogenic Training: This technique is useful for those who are under constant stress. This helps a person relax and reduce stress via gaining control over their breathing, heart rate as well as the temperature of the body. By regular exercises, people learn a number of exercises and concentration techniques that help them calm down and bring their blood pressure to normal levels.
- Ayurvedic Medicine: Ayurveda is the traditional Indian science of medicine, and it deals with completely natural and herbal ingredients to cure illnesses. According to Ayurveda, each person possesses a different body constitution type (Dosha), and high blood pressure is treated in accordance with each person’s dosha.
- Changing the Diet: This is perhaps one of the most important means of controlling blood pressure. There are specific diets called the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diets that have helped people reduce their blood pressure in as few as two weeks